Thursday, August 20, 2026

Her Guide to the Perfect Start for Back-To-School

I've always gotten extra excited during back-to-school season. Something about new beginnings and fresh starts always put me in a great mood, but that may be the perfectionist in me talking... Growing up, I've always loved every aspect of school whether it'd be the stationary, cute clothes, pretty backpacks, and the most important aspect: LEARNING! 

That all in mind I'd like to give Back To School 101 according to Her!

I like to start with reading through the syllabi for each of my classes then start planning accordingly. Here's what I like to include in mine:
My planner <3
- Appointments
- Events
- Class Schedule
- Exams/Quizzes/Tests/Assignments and their due dates

In the monthly view, I like to highlight the top of each day with the classes I have! I also use stickers and other symbols to mark down what I have planned/need to do that day. Think of them as mini consistent events.

Given I got this planner late in the month, it looks a little empty...

.·°՞(≧□≦)՞°·.





My next step is setting up apps and such that I'd utilize for the school year!
For example I use Time Finder as a digital time blocker/daily planner to help map out what my days will look like.  I highly recommend daily planners for those who have heavier/more chaotic schedules compared to those with more consistent ones. 
Here's an example of time blocking!


Also be sure to set up any digital textbooks you may have ahead of time, that way when you're assigned readings you can get on it asap! Finally, the last app I like to use is study fetch! The subscription is 20, however it is one of the best purchases I've ever made! Sometimes I had to cram study and this app has helped me so much! There'd be days where I'd "study" 30 minutes before an exam I'd still get 90s on them! My favorite feature is implementing vocabulary cards or quizzes the site generates for you into it's built in study-game option!


Next, my most favorite step, SUPPLIES!!! I like to garner a list of the basic materials I will need before school starts THEN, during syllabus week, I'll compose a more comprehensive list of items I'll need per my professor's request. 


Here are some basic school supplies to shop for before the year:
- A good 3-5 subject college-ruled notebook
- A graph paper notebook for math-heavy courses
- 4 pens of different colors as well as 4 corresponding highlighters
- Black ink pen
- 2 lead pencils
- Refillable led for mechanical pencils
- Eraser
- Sharpener 
- Small pair of scissors
- mini ruler 
- A cute pencil case
- Whiteout
- Sticky Notes
- Laptop/iPad
Some extra supplies I'd include are:
- Charging cubes
- Chargers for devices
- Power bank
- earbuds
- a bag to store your electronic related items
- makeup and hygiene items 
- makeup bag
- A case for you to put any medication/vitamins 
- A catch-all notepad for on the go!

BONUS STEP! As someone who absolutely loves organization and productivity, I often make my own printable to organize my life as best I can. That said, I will provide some printables I made just for y'all! 



 








2 comments:

  1. So goated thank you miss Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. such useful advice!!!! i’ll be sure to do that (i’m forgetting tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete